Information on Traingle Taiji Activities and Events
2017 Chinese New Year's Potluck - Year of the Fire Chicken
Join us for the Annual Chinese New Year Potluck!
Saturday, January 28th - 12:00-2:30pm
200 S. Elliott Road, Chapel Hill
Demonstrations, door prizes, and other festive surprises! Fun for all ages!
Bring friends, family, and a LABELED potluck dish to share.
$4 donation, children 12 & under: free.
Directions: From I--‐40 east: Take exit 270 for US--‐15/US--‐501 toward Chapel Hill/Durham (turn left at top of ramp). After four lights, take left fork onto Fordham Blvd/U.S. 15--‐501 bypass (right at fork is Franklin Street). Turn right at second light onto S. Elliott Rd. Extraordinary Ventures is on the left just before State Employees Credit Union.
From Chapel Hill: From the center of town heading east on E. Franklin, turn right onto S. Elliott Rd (Whole Foods is at this intersection). Extraordinary Ventures is on the right 0.1 mile from the intersection, just beyond the State Employees Credit Union.
Tactical Kung Fu and MMAA (our home for four years) is holding a fundraiser for a cancer charity.
"October is the breast cancer awareness month and this year we’re starting early so we’ll be sure to have our Pink gear during October. Even though the color Pink and October are reserved for breast cancer, we know that ALL cancers suck! So your donation will go to support people fighting all types! This year, we are giving to the American Cancer Society. It’s not too late to join us in the support of hope. You can either buy a Pink Kung Fu sash with a stripe to indicate your rank, purchase a Pink variant of our Uniform T-shirts (regular class or weapons class), or simply donate. Cancer isn’t picky so neither are we. Attached are some mock ups for what the shirts will kinda look like."
Please contact Tacticial Kung Fu directly to support this event and order your shirt!
To promote Tai Chi and improve skills, we proudly present you a Tai Chi tournament held in North Carolina Central University, Durham, NC.
Time: 10am, Sunday November 13th, 2016
Schedule: 9:30am to 10am for registration. 10am for Form & Weapon competition. Then, we will continue with the push hands competition. After all the competitions, you are free to push with anyone you want to push with.
Location: 3rd floor lounge, Walker Complex, NCCU.
The building is located at the corner of Nelson Street and Lincoln Street on North Carolina Central University. Parking is free.
Fees: $30 for both form/weapon and push hands competition. $20 for form/weapon or push hands only competition. Register on site.
• Men and Women Tai Chi form and weapon(Any styles)
• Men and Women fixed step pushing hands
• Men and Women free step pushing hands
9/14/2016: Item Found
A lady named Robin Walls, (email@example.com, tel# 919-274-1696) has found an interesting piece of artwork associated with the broken/unbroken lines of the 8 trigrams. She wants to reunite it with its owner. It was found at Jordan Lake on land side. I would describe it but Robin wants whoever may claim it to describe it to her. It is a very original and unusual work of art...
So, anyone missing this or knowing someone who may have, please contact her at the information provided above. If it was lost the owner would appreciate being reunited with it, I'm sure of this!
The Magic Tortoise Taijiquan School
Classes in traditional Tai-Chi and Qigong begin/continue in September!
(most classes resume in the week and a half after Labor Day, Sep 7 thru Sep 16.)
• Duke Health & Fitness Center: Mon & Wed 10-11 am. Taiji Ball, Qigong, Wu/Hao traditional long form. Beginners welcome, register at main desk.
• SAS: employee class, 12:15-1:05 Mondays.
• UNC The Farm: 1 Alice Ingram Circle, Chapel Hill. Mon 6:30-7:30 pm. Public and beginners welcome. Chen style Taiji & Qigong. Register in class.
• UNC Wellness Centers: Meadowmont Mon 7-8 pm, Wed 1-2 pm. NW Cary Thurs 11:30-12:30, 12:45-1:45. Qigong, Taiji. Public & beginners welcome, register at main desk.
• Treyburn Country Club, Durham Tues 8-8:55 am. Chen style Taiji. Beginners welcome, register in class.
• Balanced Movement Studio, 304 Weaver St Carrboro. Tues 10:30-11:45 Qigong (various, meditative & healing); Hooked Cane & Taiji 12-1:15 pm.
Tues 6:45-7:45 pm Sword solo and two-person set. Register in class. Beginners welcome.
Wed 7:30-9 am Wu long form (108) practice and Master Key to Taijiquan
• Galloway Ridge, Fearrington. Tues 2:00-3:00 pm. Taiji. Beginners welcome.
• Carolina Meadows Wed 2:45-3:30. Taiji. Residents welcome.
• Cary, Page-Walker Arts & History Ctr. Wed 6:30-7:45 pm Five Animal Qigong, 7:45-9:05 pm Yang style Taiji. Beginners welcome.
• Wholistic Health Studio, Hackberry & Mt Sinai Rds Durham. Wed 6-7:10 pm, Fundamentals, beginners welcome. Thurs 6-7:10 pm, experienced players, Wu/Hao long form, push-hands. Register in class.
• Durham Center for Senior Life, Friday 10-11:30 am. Wu/Hao Taiji. Beginners welcome. By donation.
• Croasdaile residents, Friday 12:15-1:15. Taiji ball & Wu/Hao Taiji.
• Emerald Pond, Durham Regent, and Spring Arbor classes as well, for residents only.
Please see our website, www.magictortoise.com, for more complete information on classes with
Dr. Jay Dunbar, Kathleen Cusick, Gabe St. Clair, James Sutton, Dan Partridge, Tricia Cutrara.
For further info, call Dr. Jay at 919-360-6419.