Taijiquan Class Fees and Payment Schedules
Single classes are $20/Multiple classes are $15.
Please see below for more details and other requirements.
- Class fees are $15 per class, if paid in monthly blocks of 4-5 weeks (some students may arrange to pay in 8-10-or quarterly blocks). Monthly installments are preferred, either 4 or 5 weeks depending on how many weeks are in the month, due on the first class date of the month. Each payment should include a note with the dates of the classes that month they plan to attend.
- Class fees should be placed in a red envelope (hong bao) and should include a note with the student's name and dates and number of classes included in payment. These should be ready when arriving at class and should left in the designated spot BEFORE class begins. The senior student (Violet, Dorothy or Garry) leading class will frequently have an extra envelope if you find yourself with one.
- If a student knows they won’t be able to make a certain class date, they do not have to prepay that date. A prepaid class missed for any reason can be made up in other classes; it is not carried over to the next month.
- If work and/or other duties make attendance sporadic, single classes are $20.
- Saturday seminars are $20 for the 2 1/2 hours. The 3 hour 3rd Saturday Calligraphy is $25.
- Private lessons are $60 per hour.
- We don't accept credit cards but checks and, much preferred cash, acceptable. Seminars, workshops and private lessons are all to be paid in cash.
- First time students are not encouraged to pay for first class at that time. If after the introductory class a student decides not to continue it is a free introduction. If they return that means they have decided to join that class and payment for the first class will be due at that time.
- In addition to class dues, a beginning student will be presented with a green sash ($10) and two workbooks. One book is an instruction book on our qigong Form, "Eight Pieces of Brocade/Ba Duan Jin" ($8.00) and "Four Flower-Five Element Exercise/Si Hua-Wu Xing Gong" ($6.00). The total of $24 is the sum of extra payment due above class fees.
- A new student should review the "Class Documents Page" on "Classes Info" section of this website.